QED creates and disseminates our student-centered knowledge-base, strategies, tools, and practices.
We build capacity through our many learner-centered assets including tools such as:
- Transformational Change Model, a road map for building student-centered learning communities, and the accompanying TCM Gap Analysis Tool (contact us for information.)
- Learner Sketch Tool (LST), an interactive tool developed and launched in April 2011 to complement the Faces of Learning Campaign, designed to help individuals better understand themselves as learners. This interactive tool can be used as a basis of conversation between the learner and her/his teachers and other learning coaches. The LST can also be set up for a facility, allowing teachers to view group reports of students’ self-reported strengths and challenges.
- MC2 Habits, a collection of learning progressions for the development of core dispositions for lifelong learning and work, life, and civic success.
QED builds capacity through our relationships including
- A network of professional development providers who provide training for educators desiring to develop a deep expertise on the neurodevelopmental framework of learning. These providers have access to a trained cadre of 400 professional development trainers. We are working to expand this network of educators.
- Facilitation and coaching to implement the QED Transformational Change Model for transformation to high quality, student-centered, standards-based learning for every student to other schools and large projects.